Thursday, April 17, 2008

hittin' my stride

Okay, so I just saw Run Fat Boy Run, and I have to tell you that feeling you get when you are in the zone, when the miles are speeding beneath your feet, when the smell of the road is enough to keep you going - that is exactly the feeling that I get when I am on the right track with a book.



I can't wait to get up in the morning and write - even better, I get up with a character clue, or another layer that I want to add in. It is amazing. I'm thinking about the characters while I'm cooking, driving or cleaning - their life takes over mine and it is DIVINE, lol.



Makes it hard to be a part of the day to day world though - how can I possibly care about volunteering for the Band Banquet when I'm really focused on hiding a serial rapist? Or smack dab in the middle of roofie research? It's no wonder that during this period I wander around with one earring and no make up - I will be lucky if I can remember to comb my hair. The ponytail holder is my friend. I give the kids cash and a grocery list and hope they come home with something besides sunflower seeds and coke.



What is making it harder this go around is learning how to market my current ebook and promote my print book while trying to get the most from my writing stride...

But I don't care how many challenges are put in my way, I don't care how depressing the market news is - I am tired of hearing about how the publishing sky is falling! I am a story teller and there will always be people who want a story - starting from when they first swapped lies about how big of a dinosaur they caught while sitting around a campfire, people want to be entertained - I will find whatever medium works!

happy day!

Traci

4 comments:

moonmangsh said...

Do you ever do any role playing with those characters of yours? I would be interested in helping you do "research" by acting out a scene or two. lol

Traci said...

pervert

T. said...

My brother is such a pain sometimes huh Trace? Anyway, I don't know how you do it. You amaze me and I admire you so much. You are doing a Wonderful job and we are all so very proud of you. Keep up the good work honey, it is all going to pay off in the end. Love you, T.

Traci said...

I love you too Tre (hugs) miss you sooooo soo much.