Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Writing for the fun of it!

Hi!

Welcome to my new blog, all about writing. Now, I don’t pretend to be the Grand Poobah of all things writing related – my role is more that of the court jester J
So what exactly do I have to offer?
A daily (or almost daily, lol) account of what it is like to be a brand new working writer in a market that is shrinking as I type. I am not signed on with a New York Publishing house – although that is a personal goal of mine. I don’t make a bunch of money – that’s a goal, too! I will be published in both ebook format and print, so I can give insight into both venues.

I will be as honest as I can with my own personal motivation, or lack of it, and how I overcome the obstacles - that nine times out of ten - I put in front of me. Is there anything more ridiculous than self sabotage? Most of the time we don’t even realize that we are doing it!

We can talk about marketing, sales, numbers and publisher’s expectations – please feel free to comment and share!

No comments: